WebUCDS Technical Overview
WebUCDS™ is a stand-alone web-based (Java) product that interfaces with UCDS™ (Universal Claims Disbursement System™), ClearCycle’s comprehensive claims payment system. WebUCDS is used to manage announcements, users, roles, themes, and security for both WebUCDS and the UCDS application
- Web pages can be easily “rebranded” with logo and color scheme.
- Configurable requirements for Username and Password.
- Self-registration for Member and Providers and automated self-help for forgotten Username or Password.
- Virtually all displayed data can be downloaded to CSV (spreadsheet) files.
- One-way encryption of Passwords.
- Audit log of all role-based security updates.
The Administrator portal is required, but functionality is split among three optional application portals, all served with a single Sign In page that redirects the user to the appropriate application portal:
- Administrator – contains the administrative functions of managing announcements, users, roles, themes, and security.
- Payer – employees of the payer institution, generally an insurance company, can search the WebUCDS database for (paid) claims, ARs, CRs, and payments.
- Provider – inquiry-only application for use by Providers who contract with the insurance company. Providers can self-register for the site; search the WebUCDS database; display and download (paid) claims, ARs, CRs, and checks; and reprint settlement documents.
- Member – inquiry-only application for use by subscribers to the insurance company plan. Members can self-register for the site; search the WebUCDS database; display and download (paid) claims; and print EOB documents.
Benefits for Existing UCDS / ValuPay Customers
WebUCDS enhances the usability of your existing UCDS application:
- Enables implementation of role-based security in UCDS with minimal disruption.
- Reduces calls to Customer Service by allowing Members and Providers to access own payment data and reprint documents.
- Installing WebUCDS is NOT a large-scale project!
Claims data is delivered for processing by secure file transfer protocol (SFTP). All web access is over the HTTPS encrypted Internet protocol. Web services are accessed over HTTPS.
Data in transit is always encrypted using SFTP or HTTPS protocols. Data at rest is encrypted at the operating system file level using encrypted loop back protocols. Data is selectively encrypted at the application and database layers.
The web server resides in the DMZ, with a double firewall physically separating the different network segments. The database is on a separate server from the application servers. Firewall rules regulate access between network segments and servers.
Vulnerability scans are performed to ensure only designated ports are open into the application infrastructure and network segments are isolated and protected. Intrusion Detection Services (IDS) can monitor, track and assess various real-time vulnerability situations.
There are two major elements of the WebUCDS application:
- Database – WebUCDS database can be implemented with any of the following databases: Oracle, SQLServer, or mySQL.
- Web server – WebUCDS runs on any server that can run Tomcat; for example, Windows or Linux are possible platforms.
There are two required software components:
- IBM JRE version 1.5.0
- Apache Tomcat version 6.0.16